Mastercard® is offering new identity theft benefits to cardholders in addition to their current purchase protection and travel benefits.
Beginning October 1, 2019, Merrimack debit cardholders have the option to enroll in Mastercard® ID Theft Protection. This new benefit includes:
- Single bureau credit monitoring from TransUnion. Your TransUnion credit file will be monitored for changes that could indicate fraud such as new credit inquiries, an address change or new credit account opened in your name. An alert email will be sent anytime an inquiry is made on your TransUnion credit file, so immediate action can be taken to minimize damage.
- Financial account takeover monitoring. Mastercard® ID Theft Protection will monitor transactions with more than 300 of the nation’s largest companies to uncover and stop account takeover attempts.
- URL and domain monitoring. This service will monitor specified domain and URL names for any compromised email addresses associated with them. If compromised email addresses are found in a data breach, this service will alert you by email and provide information about the specific email address that was breached along with details about its date and source.
- Improved design and usability of the online monitoring dashboard. The online monitoring dashboard is your primary user interface, where you can respond to monitoring alerts. It houses all personally identifiable information and data that you would want to monitor. It also tracks your risk score and offers access to identity protection tips.
- Improved identity monitoring. Mastercard® ID Theft Protection searches the internet to detect compromised credentials and potentially damaging use of your personal information. Then, you are alerted through email so that you can take immediate action. Data elements that can be monitored include: email addresses, debit/credit cards, bank accounts, web logins (i.e. username and password), medical insurance cards, driver’s licenses, loyalty cards, affinity cards, passport number, vehicle insurance cards and your social security number.
- 24 hours per day, 7 days per week service. Receive access to a team of identity theft resolution specialists, available 24 hours per day to resolve identity theft incidents and to prevent further damage.
To enroll in Mastercard® ID Theft Services, please visit https://mastercardus.idprotectiononline.com or call 866.805.7848 on or after October 1. Please note that this optional, complimentary service requires that you register and provide personal information to Mastercard®. This information helps Mastercard® monitor for suspicious activity and to notify you if such activity is detected.
You are not required to sign up or use these benefits in order to have an Merrimack debit card. We will not be notified if you choose to take advantage of these benefits and doing so does not impact our systems or the information we have on file for you. All liabilities, claims, damages and demands are the direct responsibility of Mastercard®.