Merrimack County Savings Bank (the Merrimack) recently joined their sister companies, New Hampshire Mutual Bancorp (NHMB), Meredith Village Savings Bank (MVSB), NHTrust and Savings Bank of Walpole, in celebrating the achievements and service milestones of the companies’ employees at their annual recognition event. With respect for the safety of employees and social distancing guidelines, instead of a traditional in person event, the company celebrated virtually. During the week-long celebration, each company President shared a video recognizing employee achievements and raffled prizes of gift certificates and gift baskets from local businesses.
“Our talented employees and the personalized service they provide is such an important component of the way we do things at the Merrimack – what we like to refer to as Merrimack Style,” said Linda Lorden, President of Merrimack County Savings Bank. “2020 has been a challenging year for so many of us, so it was especially important this year to share our appreciation for their efforts and to acknowledge their outstanding achievements.”
Throughout each year, employees nominate their fellow co-workers for monthly recognition for exceptional service as part of the organization’s Circle of Excellence employee recognition program. Prior to the recognition events, employees voted to select one Circle of Excellence winner to be presented with the annual Peer-Among-Peer award. This year’s winner, Cody Gibbs, was chosen for his demonstration of the organization’s values both as an employee as well as outside of the office as a good Samaritan in the community. Gibbs is a Fraud Analyst for NHMB and has also worked in retail banking. Over the years, Gibbs has been nominated for the Circle of Excellence program many times.
Employees acknowledged for 2020 service milestones were:
- 5 years: Jill Aube, Gloria Brisson-Covell, Kim Carter, James Gallagher, Cody Gibbs, Daniel Laroche Alex Mason, Lynda Paquette, Jessica Schofield, Susan Spiller, Kacey Watson, Richard Williams
- 10 years: Karen Currier, Diana Johnson, Laurie Mothes, Richard Moran
- 15 years: Michael Boisvert, Cheryl Carter, Maria Del Mar Acebron, Wendy Vittum
- 20 years: Renee Birmingham, Amy Mavris, Mary Tillotson
- 25 years: Barbara Richter, Carol Roman
- 30 years: Angela Strozewski
- 35 years: Steven Bennett