Calling all amateur or professional photographers: Show us your best color photography!
Merrimack County Savings Bank and our sister banks, Meredith Village Savings Bank and Savings Bank of Walpole, are excited to announce the start of our annual community photo contest. This is your opportunity to have photos featured in our 2023 calendars, on our websites and on other marketing materials.
What Can I Win?
A $100 cash prize will be awarded for each winning photo – up to a maximum of 10 entries. All winners are responsible for the payment of any federal, state and local taxes on their prize(s).
What Type of Photos Will Win?
Winning photos will demonstrate a strong focus on community events and people enjoying the venues, attractions and local businesses in New Hampshire and highlight the unique character and beauty of the state.
Past winners have included photos that explore what it means to live, work and play in New Hampshire: community events, such as parades, fairs, festivals and local sporting events; local landmarks; areas of scenic beauty; seasonal pastimes, such as fishing, ice fishing, sailing, hiking, skiing and boating; and interesting artwork.
Judging of all submitted photography will be blind – the name of the photographer will not be known by the judging panel. Decisions will be based on suitability of the subject, quality of the photography, and adherence to the purpose of the contest.
Where Will Winning Photos Be Displayed?
Winning photos for the calendar contest will be displayed in the 2023 community calendars for each of the banks. They may also be selected for use in our annual holiday or other occasion cards.
Winning photos for the website contest may be displayed on the website and social media pages for both banks, NH Mutual Bancorp and NHTrust.
How Do I Submit My Photos?
Please visit the following link to submit your photos online.
Where Do I find the Rules?
Click the button below for the full contest rules.
Some things to remember:
- The contest runs from Monday, April 4 through Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- The submission requirements for the calendar are different than the requirements for web submissions
- Each entrant may submit up to five entries for the website category, and another five for the calendar/card category.
- Please submit your entry photos sized at 2MB or less. Should you be selected as a winner, we will request original files at no smaller than 3,300 pixels wide, and no larger than 100 MB.
- The photography competition is open to all photographers, amateur or professional.
- The Merrimack reserves the right to crop or color correct the winning photo featured in the calendar or on the web. Please do not submit a photo that contains a watermark on the image.
- Employees of NH Mutual Bancorp or any of its subsidiaries (MVSB, the Merrimack, Savings Bank of Walpole, and NHTrust) are not excluded from this competition.
Entries must be received by the end of the business day on Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
Winners will be contacted by early August.
No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.