When it comes to the security of your Merrimack debit card, staying ahead of fraud can make a huge difference. That’s why we’ve added a new complimentary service to help keep you informed about your card activity and to give you more control over when and how your card can be used.
MyCardRules™ is an easy-to-use mobile app that you can use to control and monitor any Merrimack debit. This new service is available now and will replace our current Guardian Guard Your Card text message alerts, which you may have used in the past. Guardian alerts will officially be retired on May 27, but you can set up the same alerts or better-tailor alerts to your card use with MyCardRules™ now!
With MyCardRules™ you can:
- Turn your card on or off temporarily to suspend everyday purchases. This could come in handy if you go away for the weekend and are pretty sure your debit card is on the kitchen counter, but don’t want to spend the whole time worrying about it! Recurring transactions, such as health club membership or Netflix subscription payments won’t be affected and will go through as always.
- Set transaction spending limits that fit your personal needs. Please be aware that the limits that you set won’t supersede the standard card limits set by the bank. Let us know if you have questions about your card limits.
- Restrict card use based on the type of business or geographic location. Fraud trends change all the time and as a result, we set and modify restrictions to ensure your card is protected at high-risk locations. For added protection you can opt to further restrict your card to allow it only to be used at certain business types, in certain geographic locations or within a certain distance from your mobile phone. To ensure that you can always use your card when you need it, please continue to let us know when you are planning to travel and use your card out of state.
- Receive instant alerts for certain types of transactions, such as those made online or over a dollar amount you set.
- View recent card transaction history. Keeping a close eye on your card activity can help you pick up on suspicious transactions sooner. Let us know right away if a purchase is made that you don’t recognize.
To sign up, simply download the MyCardRules™ app from Google Play™ or the App Store® and add your Merrimack card information. The app will walk you through the registration process and you can use the menu in the app to adjust your settings at any time. If you have any questions or need help getting started, please contact us at 800.541.0006.